Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chipotle Grilled BBQ Pork Loin stuffed with bacon and mushrooms and a Sweet Potato Hash.

Look how happy my chubby chubberson is!! She is just the cutest!
Bee-utiful!!!
Taking pictures with mommy.
Me modeling my dress for going out to dinner!
My husband and I went out to a fancy dinner downtown. They didn't tell me when I made the reservations that there was a wedding going on at the restaurant  and that we would be the only ones eating there!! Still fun anywhere with my amazing husband.

For dinner last Thursday, I swear I'm going to get caught up soon, I made this delicious stuffed pork tenderloin.

First I sautéed 2 slices of bacon chopped into lardons.
Once crispy I added a package of mushrooms that I sliced thin.
After a few minutes I added 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
Sautéedfor a minute more then added a tbls of Panko bread crumbs and half a tbls of chopped thyme. Then added some cracked pepper.
I took a tenderloin that was marinated in chipotle and BBQ spices from the grocery store. Sliced into it and opened like a book. Flattening it out and giving as much surface as possible.
I put some plastic wrap over it and pounded it flat.
Then layered the cooled bacon/mushroom mixture on top.
Rolled it up like a pinwheel and used 8 water soaked toothpicks to keep it closed.
I grilled each side till charred and crispy. Then put it in the oven at 350° for 10 minutes to cook inside.
Then set it on the counter to rest for 10 minutes before I sliced between each toothpick to show the bacon/mushroom swirl inside.
For the hash I chopped half of a small onion and fried it in 2 tbls of veggie oil.
Shredded 2 peeled sweet potatoes and added a pinch of salt and pepper.
Put them in the pan with the onions after they softened a bit and fried for 15 minutes flipping occasionally to get a golden crust. 
Then plated with the sliced pork loin. 
Sooooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment