Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Israeli Couscous with Lemon, Chicken, and Peas.

We went grocery shopping to prepare for the week! I love taking her out to show her off. Everyone has to stop and say how cute she is!In order to not get the "He is so cute" remark I try and put a bow on her when I'm dressing her boyish!! She is too cute to look like a boy :)
She threw up all over this outfit before I could get any better pictures.
I came home from date night to feeding this precious girl and all she wanted to do was play with my teeth!!




For lunch this week I made this amazing dish! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Leftovers were yummy!
First I took a cup of Israeli Couscous and put it in a pan of 1 tbls of oil heated at medium high heat to toast.
Once toasted I added a can of chicken stock which is 2 cups. I actually put 3/4 of a can but then it needed the rest toward the end.
Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
Once water is all gone and the pearls are soft add the juice and zest of 1 lemon.
A cup of frozen peas.
3 tbls of grated Parmesan. Salt and Pepper.
Like 1 cup of chopped chicken, I used the dark meat and underside of the rotisserie chicken. I had used the breasts for another recipe. 
Stirred to meld together, once the peas are cooked through serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment