Monday, March 24, 2014

Pan seared Rainbow Trout Oscar with Crispy Skin, Crabmeat, Asparagus, and Béarnaise Sauce, and

To start this dish I made the Béarnaise sauce first. In a medium saucepan I put in 2 tbls of Tarragon Vinegar.2 tbls of white wine.
1 tbls of minced onion.
1 tsp of dried tarragon.
Brought to a boil and reduced it by half. Then cracked 4 small egg yolks into a bowl. With a whisk I added the egg yolks to the pan whisking to keep from curdling. 
Whiskee for a few minutes till it starts to thicken.
Once it turns pale and thick I added 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter 1 tbls at a time.
Whisked till the butter incorporated.
I put half a pound of crab meat into a small sauce pan with a little but of water to warm the meat. First I picked through it for any shells.
I took 2 skin on fillets of rainbow trout, salt and peppered them.
Then added then to a hot skillet with olive oil and a little butter. I cooked it 90% of the way on the skin side to make it crispy then flipped at the last minute to cook the fish flesh.
I boiled some asparagus, seasoned, and added then to the plate. Topped with the fish, crab meat, and poured the sauce over that. Super yummy and gourmet looking but easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment