Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Stromboli with Parmesan Dijon Sauce.

Ooh La La my friends!
I made 2 Cordon Bleu Strombolis, first I used a can of French dough, rolled out, and topped with Deli sliced Chicken, sliced Ham, Borratta Cheese (Mozzarella Balls filled with cream, can substitute Mozzarella) Topped with a bunch of shredded Swiss Cheese. Then rolled and pinched the seal. Laid it seam side down. Baked for 25 minutes at 400°
To try different breads I got a can of pizza dough and did the same. Sliced Chicken.
Ham and Borratta Cheese.
Shredded Swiss cheese.
Then rolled and placed seam side down.

To make the sauce I melted 2 tbls of Butter and whisked in 2 Tbls of flour to make a roux.
Whisked in 1 cup of chicken stock.
1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
1 tsp of worschestershire sauce.
1/3 a cup of shredded Parmesan. Whisked together and thinned out with more chicken stock. Salt and Pepper.
Let the Strombolis rest and cut with a  serrated knife. These were delicious! My husband and I both liked the French dough better but they were both yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment