Monday, March 24, 2014

Meatball Sub Casserole

This one is a yummy one! And really easy. You could buy frozen meatballs or meatballs made at the grocery store. I made these but since I've already posted my meatball recipe I'll leave that part out. First brown the meatballs in a little olive oil till browned all around.Take a good loaf of French bread and use a serrated knife to slice into medallions. 
Place them in an even later on the bottom of a baking dish.
In a bowl I added 3 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/2 a cup of mayo, and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Mixed that together to combine.
Spread that mixture over the bread and sprinkle with some salt. Not too much cause the cheese is salty!
Next layer with deli slices of your favorite cheeses. I used provolone here cause I had it in my fridge but you could use anything.
Top with the browned meatballs
Ok here I used a jar if pizza sauce. You could use marinara sauce or a homemade spaghetti sauce. But all I had in my pantry was this pizza sauce. Came out great!
Then I sprinkled 1/2 a cup of grated Parmesan over the meatballs and sauce.
Then baked at 350° for 30 minutes. Let rest before serving. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment