Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak, Couscous Mac and Cheese, and green beans.

Zara turned 4 months and I forgot to post her picture! She is growing so fast I can't believe it. She is almost 5 months now!! We could not be more in love with this precious girl!!This is a picture of Zara at 4 months and me at 4 months. I was worried she looked nothing like me but this proves that she does!! Yay my little me :)

I'm going through a curly hair phase haha!
She is so gorgeous in purple, any color really but man she is pretty!!
Those eyes steal my soul!!!
<3

For dinner the other night I made a quick and easy dinner that should be kid friendly. I am trying out some new grains, I got millet, barley, and couscous to try out. This is an easy way to get anyone to eat a new grain. Make it into Mac and cheese!!

For the flank steak marinade I put in 1/3 a cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar, 2 tsp of Dijon mustard, 2 smashed garlic cloves, 1/2 a cup of olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisked that together and added the flank steak in a freezer bag. I put it in the fridge for 3 hours but longer would be even better. Then I grilled it for 8 minutes each side. Put it on a cutting board for 10 minutes to rest. Then sliced against the grain for tender bites!For the couscous I used a medium sauce pan and added a tbls of butter. 
Add a cup of dry Israeli Couscous
Let it toast for a couple minutes. Don't let burn!
Then add 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
Once cooked add 1/2 a cup of milk. I used 2% but you could use cream to make it creamier but I thought it was just fine with the 2%
Then I added 1/2 tsp of paprika and a pinch of cayenne. Add that to your liking of heat!
Once the milk mixes in after a few minutes shred your favorite cheese. I used 6 ounces of sharp cheddar.
Then I plated! It's very good and my husband loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment