Friday, March 21, 2014

Crab Cakes with Lemon Yogurt Dill Sauce and Salt Brined Cherry Tomatoes

I forgot to post Zara's 4 month pictures, my baby girl is growing up way too fast!!


Here is her at 4 days and 4 months. Amazing to see the difference 



For lunch yesterday I had leftover crab meat from the fish oscar I made the night before which I will be posting the recipe for soon. So I made the all amazing crab cake. It was sooooo good! Definitely gonna make these again.

To Brine the Tomatoes I sliced half a container and put them in a bowl with 2 cups of water and 3 tbls of salt. 
Swirl the tomatoes in the water and let sit for half an hour. Then dry on a paper towel.

For the crab cakes I started with 2 small peppers and minced them with half of half an onion.
I threw that in the pan with 1 tbls of butter and 1 tbls of olive oil. Then added 1 tbls chopped parsley, 1/2 tbls of capers no juice. 1 tsp of worschestershire sauce.
A dash if hot sauce.
Sauteed till softened and turn off the heat.
Add a couple pinches of garlic and herb old bay. And put it in the fridge for 15 minutes or set it aside for 20 minutes.

In another bowl I added 1 egg scrambled and 1/2 a cup of mayo.
2 tsp of Dijon 
Half a pound of crab meat, picked through for shells. They usually have shells!
Top with the cooled pepper mixture. Salt and pepper.
Mixed well but try to leave whole pieces of crab then put in fridge covered for 20 minutes to set.

To make the sauce I added 1/2 a cup of non fat yogurt, a few capers, 1 tbs of chopped dill, and the juice of half a lemon. Salt and pepper.

Form the Patties and Fry them in 1 tbls of butter and 1 tbs of olive oil. Once browned on one side, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook other side. Put in warm oven to keep warm for serving.

Yum!! I love this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment