Thursday, March 27, 2014

Home Ground Burgers with Chuck, Bacon, Onions, Garlic, and Thyme. Also homemade french fries and baked beans.



For the amazing burgers I started with a pound of Chuck and cubed it into inch pieces.I chopped up and sautéed 6 slices of bacon.
Put the cubes in a bowl.
Once the bacon is crispy and most of the fat is rendered I added half an onion chopped.
Sauteed till softened then added 2 garlic cloves sliced and a tbls of chopped fresh time.
Then I let this bacon onion mixture cool and then dumped it into the cubed Chuck meat.
Added a tbls of worchesterchire sauce, a tsp of salt and some black pepper.
Mixed then let meld together in the fridge for an hour.
I set up my meat grinder that attaches to my stand mixer and passed the meat/bacon/onion mixture through it.
I tried my best not to mix so it wouldn't toughen up. Then formed the patties.
I put them on a plate and covered with Saran Wrap and put in the fridge for another hour.

For the French fries I peeled and cut 3 russet potatoes into French fries. Then put them in a bowl of water to get as much starch off of them as possible. I set this in the fridge till I was ready.
When I had the oil up to temperature I took out the potatoes and laid them on a dish towel and covered with another to dry them out as much a possible.
When the temperature is 350° I put in a batch of the fries and fry for 5 minutes till they are softened and pale. Then put on a paper towel to dry off. I forgot to take a picture but then you double fry them by bringing the temp up to 380° and throw them back in in batches until they are brown and crispy! Yum!
The beans I have made before so I didn't go into detail on those. I topped the burgers with a garlic herb Monterey cheese slice, avocado, tomato, and a slice of bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment