Sunday, March 30, 2014

Homemade Pesto Chicken Pasta with Roasted Asparagus, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Mozzarella.

I stopped to feed Zara in the car during a shopping trip! She loved bouncing on my lap and watching the cars drive by.
Spring is here! Yay for cute clothes!!



This is a delicious pasta salad that tastes so fresh and yummy! I made a homemade pesto sauce that was very easy to put together and you can save it for lots of other recipes! It's also a good way to use up your homegrown basil.

For the pesto I started with 3/4 a cup of Basil in a food processor. Then grated 2 cloves of garlic into the bowl.Then I added 3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
1/3 a cup of grated Parmesan, 1 tsp of salt and some cracked black pepper.
As I processed it I slowly poured in 1/3 a cup of extra virgin olive oil.

For the pasta salad I started with 1/3 a cup of sub dried tomatoes that I julienned. Added them to a large bowl.
I roasted a package of asparagus at 400° for 20 minutes with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then cut into inch pieces.
I took a package of boccichino mozzarella and cut them in half and added those to the bowl. 
Added the asparagus, I didn't use all of the stems of the asparagus so put in how much you want of them.
I pan seared a package of chicken thighs with evoo. They were sprinkled with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. And then I diced them up.
Add those to the bowl.
I cooked 8 oz of small pasta and put that in the bowl.
Next I added 1/2 a cup of pesto. I like how it looks like a heart!!! Cute!
Mixed then tasted for salt. The Parmesan is salty so taste first!
Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment