Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baked Cod Fish Tacos topped with Cabbage and Avocado with Homemade Corn Tortillas with a Caramelized Corn, Black Bean, Avocado, and Tomato Salad

Could she be any cuter?!
Playing with her toys!

Here is a dinner I didn't have time to take pictures of. It was a marinated Country fried Chicken and Eggs! So good! I'll have to make another post on how to make it when I try it again.
This one too! It was a pan seared chicken cutler with a mushroom orecchiette and garlic zucchini and squash.


For dinner a couple weeks ago I made a delicious baked cod taco dish!
First I put in a pinch of paprika lemon and lime seasoning I got from the store the other day. It's very good.Then I zested 1 lime
Put in the juice of that lime and grated in 1 garlic clove.
Poured about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
Pit in 1 large filet of cod sliced into pieces. Put on a pan with foil and baked in oven for 20 minutes and 400°


For the slaw I sliced up half a head of romain.
In a bowl I put in 1 tbs of honey. A splash of white wine vinegar, 1 lemon juiced and 2 tbs of olive oil.
Salt and pepper then mixed in the slaw.

For the Corn and black bean salad I first grilled 4 ears of corn until charred and cooked. Then cut them off into a bowl.
Mmmmm look at all that yummy char!
Then I added half a container of cherry tomatoes sliced in half, and a can of drained and rinsed black beans.
Then I added 2 tbs of red wine vinegar
Some honey and olive oil 
The juice of half a lime
Then cubed an avocado into it and mixed.


For the homemade corn tortillas I put 2 cups of masa in a bowl and added 1 1/2 cup of water. Mixed then pinched off little balls. Put in the tortilla press between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
Flattened then separated the sheets carefully.
Popped on a dry hot iron skillet for 3 minutes till browned and bubbly.


Then I added the fish, slaw, sliced red onions, and sliced avocado.
Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment