Monday, March 10, 2014

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken topped Twice Baked Sweet Potato.

Here was our week in pictures.I love this girl <3
Morning hair!
<3
I do NOT want to take any pictures today.
Highway to Heaven



For dinner last Monday I made a Hawaiian BBQ Chicken topped Twice Baked Sweet Potato! It was so good and my husband loved it! 

First I chopped up 2 pieces of bacon and added a strip extra for my husband :)
Once crispy I took out the bacon with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. I poured out some of the fat. Then chopped a small onion and threw in the bacon fat.
Once softened I threw in some Pineapple chunks from a can. Seared them.
Then added 1/3 a cup of BBQ sauce. I picked Sweet Baby Ray's
Then I added some of the pineapple juice.
Once I stirred that, I brought to a boil then simmered till I liked the thickness. And put in two breasts from a rotisserie chicken shredded.
I hollowed out 2 Baked Sweet Potatoes.
Put the pulp in a bowl with 1/4 a cup of cream, 2 tbls brown sugar, 2 tbls of butter, and a pinch of salt.
Filled the Sweet Potatoes back with the filling.
Then topped with shredded Sharp Cheddar and the BBQ Chicken mixture. And put in the oven at 400° for 15 minutes.
Then topped with the Bacon Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment