Friday, February 28, 2014

Chicken, Cream Cheese, and Caramelized Onion Turnovers with a Massaged Kale Salad.

This is the face I make to get her to smile.
She is starting to follow my phone everywhere and even reaches for it when I'm on it! Uh oh. Looks like someone needs her own so she doesn't mess with Mommy's lol!!

For dinner the other night I made this delicious meal that James loved and I think Zara will love when she gets older!

First I chopped up the breasts on a rotisserie chicken and put them into a bowl.
Then I added half a block of softened cream cheese. I used the 1/3 less fat kind. I mean these are already fattening enough!
Then half an onion I chopped and caramelized for 30 minutes in olive oil.
Added a pinch of salt and pepper.
1 tbls of softened butter.
1 tsp of seasoning salt.
Then I unrolled 1 can of jumbo sized crescents. Took 2 to make a rectangle.
Presses down the center to make a seal.
Mixed together the chicken mixture.
Took 1/4 of the mixture and blobbed it in the center of the dough.
Topped with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Grab the corners and wrap them around to make a ball and set on a baking sheet with a sil mat down sealed side down.
Sprinkled the tops with paprika.
It was hard for me not to lick my fingers with that filling.
For the salad I took a bag of pre chopped kale and put it in a large bowl, squeezed half a lemon over it.
The other half went in a bowl for the dressing.
Then 1/4 a cup of olive oil.
A pinch of kosher salt.
Then massaged for 3 minutes till the leaves softened and wilted. Makes it delicious!!!
For the rest of the dressing I put in a tbls of honey. Salt and pepper.
And whisked in 1/4 a cup of olive oil till emulsified. 
Bakes the turnovers at 350° for 25 minutes till golden brown on top.
I then plated with the salad and topped them with toasted Pepitas!
Yumm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment