Thursday, February 27, 2014

Verde Chicken Quinoa Chili

Sorry I'm so behind on my posts, with James' party and all these errands I've been running I haven't had a spare chance to write down my recipes. Here are some pictures of my pretty girl and sexy husband!
We were eating nachos with all my leftovers for the taco bar!
This was my breakfast after the party since I didn't get any the night of!

For lunch I used part of my leftovers but you can easily make this with a rotisserie chicken, some chopped up chicken leftover from dinner, or even cook up a couple breasts and shred them before you add it to the chili.
First I put a tbls of olive oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
Chop up and add half a small onion.
Add a tbls of chopped green chilies from a can.
Sauté for a few minutes till softened then add 2 cloves of garlic grated in.
Add a teaspoon of cumin.
Stir and toast in the oil then pour in 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water.
1 cup of Verde enchilada sauce from a can.
1 can of white beans not drained.
1 cup of rinsed quinoa.
1/2 a tsp of oregano.
And about a cup or cup and 1/2 of shredded chicken, this is my Mexican shredded chicken so it has a little bit of salsa in with it. You could add a couple tbls of salsa to mimic this.
Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes till the quinoa is soft and broken. Taste and season with salt.
Put in a serving bowl and squirt in some lime juice, cubed up avocado, diced tomato, pinch of shredded cheddar, and a sprig of cilantro! 
Soooo yummy and healthy! You must make this one!! It's under 400 calories too!

No comments:

Post a Comment