Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa.

Im writing some posts of recipes I missed while my blog was down. Here are some cute pictures of my Zar Zar.
Sitting up at the dinner table like a big girl. I can't wait for her to start eating solid foods!!
Looking cute as always.
Love this soft cute outfit, I have it in pink too!

For lunch last week I made a Galic Butter Shrimp Quinoa. Quinoa is seriously one of my favorite things lately. I'm just mad it took me so long to make it! 

First I diced up half a small onion and a clove of garlic.
Then sautéed the onion in a little olive oil in a small sauce pan till softened and added the clove if garlic for a minute more.
Then I washed a cup of quinoa in a strainer and poured it into the onion garlic mixture to toast.
I then added a pinch of chili powder.
Then poured in 2 cups of chicken broth when it was nicely toasted, making sure not to burn it. Brought to boil, covered, and lowered the heat for 20 minutes. Then fluffed with a fork.
In a medium skillet I heated a pat of butter.
Then put in half a pound of shrimp with the tail on. Sautéed for a few minutes each side .
Before flipping I added a pinch of chili powder to the shrimp. And after flipping I added 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
Then I chopped up a tablespoon of chives and added 3 tbls of butter in and turned off the heat to let it melt and coat the shrimp. A pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper.
Then I plated on top of the quinoa and poured the remaining butter in the pan over the shrimp and quinoa.
So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment