Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chicken on Angel Hair Pasta with a Basil Cream Sauce, Roasted Tomatoes and Steamed Asparagus. All topped with an arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette.

She couldn't be cuter!
My husband zoomed in for this gem!
I can't wait for her to fit in this and be in it while I'm in the kitchen cooking!!


Tuesday I made this delicious chicken dish! I based it off a dish we always get at the Cheesecake Factory called the Chicken Bellagio but added some stuff.

First I took a couple of chicken cutlets that were already thinly sliced at the grocery store and salt and peppered them. Sliced a bunch of cherry tomatoes in half and put on a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then slow roasted at 350° for 45 mins.
I put about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and a pat of butter and set it at medium high heat.
Then made the flour mixture of a cup of flour, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion salt, and half a tsp of thyme.
Mixed that together and dipped 3 chicken cutlets in it at a time and covered with the mixture.
Shook off the exess and put in the hot skillet.
I did 2 batches of 3 at a time. Once browned on each side I put them on a raised drying rack set in a baking sheet in an oven set to warm. This was after I cooked the tomatoes. To keep them warm. Then in the drippings I diced up half a small onion and sautéed. Then added a diced clove of garlic.
Next I poured in half a cup of white wine. Let that cook out.
Then a cup and a half of chicken broth.
Let that thicken up to about half of what it was. Then put in 1/2 a cup of heavy cream.
3/4 a cup of grated Parmesan.
1/2 a cup of Basil sliced thin. Salt and pepper to taste.
I steamed some asparagus and cut them into small pieces. I cooked 1/2 a pound of angle hair pasta. Plated the pasta and topped with 2 chicken cutlets, poured over the basil cream sauce. Put the asparagus around the edge and dotted the roasted cherry tomato slices. Then topped it all with some arugula mixed in a lemon vinaigrette with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
So yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment