Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fajitas!

Going shopping downtown!
Tattoo earrings! We are waiting to pierce her ears when she is older because mine grew out and the holes were way too close to my head.
My valentines day present! 
Her Valentines books.


For dinner I made fajitas. Marinated them in this delicious chipotle marinade. In a freezer bag I first grated1 tablespoon of my frozen chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce.
Then grated 2 cloves of garlic.
The zest of 1 lemon.
1 tsp of cumin.
Half a tsp of onion salt.
1 tsp of chili powder.
1/4 a cup of olive oil.
I put a pound of sirloin for fajitas in the bag and let it marinade for an hour. Then I cut up 3 peppers, 1 zucchini, 1 squash, and 1 onion.
First I sautéd the onion on a grill pan with olive oil for a few minutes then added the peppers and seasoned both with taco seasoning.
Then after there was a good char I added the zucchini and yellow squash.
When they were all charred I moved them out of the way and took the sirloin out of the marinade and onto the grill with olive oil, letting all the steak juices run down into the onions and peppers.
After I grilled it for like 6 minutes each side I let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing it thin. Then I served with canned Refried beans and some Mexican rice I had in the freezer from a previous meal.
These were delicious but I just made some even better fajitas that I will post when I post about my husbands 30th birthday party. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment