Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes with Cream Cheese Icing.

I am writing this as Zara is sleeping the longest she ever has in her crib!!! Yay!! We are going to start her sleeping in there on Monday. Right now she is just taking a nap, she cried a minute after I put her in there but I turned on her seahorse and she is out like a light! Keep your fingers crossed this works!!! 

James was off this weekend so I decided to make a delicious special breakfast for him! Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes!!! Um......yum! They were so awesome! He liked them so much I have to make them again tomorrow morning haha. I'll be cooking all day tomorrow since it's the SUPERBOWL! And that means great football food. I'm going to make something each quarter, I can't wait!

For the Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes I first used a premade pancake batter. I've run out so I'm going to have to make it from scratch tomorrow but I have extra of all the other ingredients so it won't take long at all! 
I put 1 cup of mix and 3/4 cup of water.
Mixed together gently but not too much. You still want lumps.
 For the Cinnamon Swirl part I took a stick of butter and melted it for 30 seconds. Then put in 3/4 a cup of brown sugar in the bowl.
Then added a tablespoon of cinnamon.
Mixed then poured it in a small plastic bag and snipped the tip small. Put a clip on the tip to keep it from spilling out.

For the cream cheese icing I put in 1/4 a cup of butter in a bowl and heated it for 20 seconds in the microwave.
Then I added 2 ounces of cream cheese which is like 2 spoonfuls.
Then I added 3/4 a cup of powdered sugar.
1/2 a tsp of vanilla.
Then stirred together till smooth. If you need to, before serving, microwave it for 15 more seconds to keep it liquidy.

For the pancakes I put a pat of butter on a flat skillet. 
Poured on some batter.
Then took the baggy and swirled the cinnamon mixture over the pancake. My first one wasn't so pretty.
But it doesn't matter cause they cook down and don't need to be perfect. Here is my second one.
When the bubbles all pop you flip and cook the other side. The cinnamon part will get crunchy and yummy!
I put them on a plate in the oven that I turned off after making the bacon to keep warm. Then plate with the rest of your breakfast. And pour the cream cheese icing over the top.
These are awesome! You have to make them!!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful baby girl. Starting her February Valentines themed clothing!!
Smiling it up!
Chilling with daddy!
Sleeping on daddy!
Passed out on Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment