Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Fettuccine.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm having problems with my blog where it won't let me post. It keeps saying error try again. I'm making a new post to see if this works but I'm going to be pissed if I get to the end of this and it still says error! I have a couple recipes I've made the last few days but I'm going to make separate posts, I hate combining them. 

This week has been hectic for me because I'm in the process of planning my husband's 30th birthday party. He knows that there is a party but doesn't know the theme. It's going to be an 80s theme. It's not really his thing but I hope he likes it! I've been collecting things here and there like movie posters, figurines, neon colors, and lots of rubix cubes lol. Most of his favorite classic movies came out during the 80s so I hope he likes it. And I'm so busy with Zara that I hope it comes out right. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 
Speaking of Zara, she just turned 3 months last Friday and it's awesome!
She is getting so big and looking more and more beautiful every day! 
She plays with her toys more and coos sweet words to us. She has the sweetest voice ever!
We just went and got her first high chair. It's not the one I want because I have to order it but my mother is going to keep this one at her house when mine comes in. It's super cute!
Im going to find something to wrap around the straps because they itch her neck. So she didn't stay in it very long.

For dinner on Thursday I made this delicious Basil and Sun-dried tomato Chicken Fettuccine. I'm so obsessed with sun-dried tomatoes! 
First I started with 3 large chicken breast and sliced them thin. Sprinkled with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan and sautéed the chicken slices in it.
Chopped up half an onion and 2 garlic cloves.
Took the chicken out when it had some good color and set it aside on a plate. Then tossed the onions in the remaining oil. Once they were softened I put in the garlic and sautéed for a minute more.
Then put in half a cup of sundried tomatoes that I chopped up.
Stirred and heated through. Then sprinkled a tablespoon of flour over the onions.
Stirred and mixed till all the flour was cooked in and poured in half a cup of white wine.
Then poured in 2 cups of chicken stock. Brought to a boil till nice and thick.

Once it thickened I added 1/4 a cup of heavy cream and Salt and Pepper to taste.
A tablespoon of butter.
1/2 cup of chopped Basil.
And added back the chicken with juices.
I cooked half a box of fettuccine noodles and put them in a large dish and topped with the thickened sauce.
Yum!


Ok I haven't been able to post anything for a week now. I just deleted the app and tried again and it's finally working! Yay! I have a bunch of recipes to blog about. This was one I had saved from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment