Monday, February 24, 2014

My Husbands 30th Birthday Party!

I have been planning my husband's birthday party for a couple weeks now. It was the big 3 0 and I thought he probably won't get anymore parties because Zara will be getting a bunch! Since he was born in '84 I went with an 80s theme. I've been collecting 80s memorabilia and candy to make a cute table. I looked up stuff on Pinterest and hid the stuff in my closet so James wouldn't see. 
First I set up the table with a black table cloth, and put a bunch of candy from the 80s, sunglasses that say I <3 80s and a bunch of Garbage Pail Kids Trading Cards.
I bought mini ghostbuster pins, mini rubix cubes and these 80s movie cereal box themed coasters.
To fill in the spaces I used cut up neon pieces of paper.
I got this mini painting of Viggo from Ghostbusters.
And this Gremlins figurine. 
Here is the cookie cake I ordered.
I asked for 80s theme and I think for a guy they did the wrong stuff. A skate? Really? I should have been more specific.
I made this rubix cube on a cardboard box with cut up pieces of paper and electrical tape.
A little crooked but I LOVED how it came out!
For the sign I took paint and splattered it across a black poster board and cut out 80s and happy birthday James in pink. Next time I would do the splatter paint first and then add the cut outs because the letters got paint on them and just would look cooler the other way.
I think it came out pretty righteous!
I hung slinkys from the chandelier and hung 80s posters I ordered online.
And put black-light lightbulbs in the chandelier to make the neon colors pop!
I made 2 balloon towers and strung star wars streamers and balloons across the wall. And blew up a boom box balloon with 2 I love 80s balloons behind the sign.
This idea was too cute not to do! I took black plates and made a CD label to put in the center so it looks like a record.
I bought records and melted them down into bowls for the chips!
For the taco bar I made Chipotle Lime Marinated Pulled Pork, Mexican Shredded Chicken, and Fajita Beef!
Refried Beans from Scratch fried in Bacon fat, and the best Mexican Rice I've ever tasted!For the Sundae Bar I took a bunch of jelly jars and filled them with delicious candies and toppings.
I made a Caramelized Pineapple Sauce, Strawberry Sauce, Chocolate Sauce, and Caramel Sauce. 
And CHOCOLATE COVERED Bacon!!!
This was Zara's outfit but I only got the one blurry photo of it. She was so cute but had a complete meltdown during the party. I had never seen her act like that before. I had to take her to her room to calm down but when we would come back down she would start again. It was awful! 

This was just how I put the party together. I'm going to do a post of how I made the food next.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment