Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is a huge day in our house. Not only is it my Valentines Day but it is my husbands birthday as well! So he gets a huge celebration. I do a birthday week for him since I get to celebrate on the day of his birthday. I get a present and taken out to dinner so I give him the rest of the week haha! He is spoiled rotten I can tell you that! This year is his 30th birthday so I'm throwing him a party on Saturday! I can't wait :)
Here is what we sent out in our Valentines cards. I took the picture and James photoshopped the words onto it. She is so cute!!
The picture I sent to my husband on Valentinesday while he was at work.
Here is us before we went out to dinner at the Melting Pot. It's our Valentines day and Anniversary tradition. It's always a blast and we get so full!

The night before Valentines day I made a heart shaped pizza for him since we were eating out on Valentines day. Here is my delicious pizza dough.

First I bloomed the yeast by putting 1 1/2 cups of warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkled 2 packets of dry active yeast over the water and sprinkled 1 tsp of sugar over that.
Let it bloom for 15 mins.
Once it was thick and creamy I added 1 1/2 tbls of sugar.
1/4 a cup of olive oil.
1 tsp of kosher salt.
Whisked that then added 3 cups of all purpose flour.
Mixed together and kneeded once or twice then put in another bowl with oil in the bottom and brushed on top. I turned the oven on to 200° then turned it off so it is warm in the oven, waited like 20 mins then put the bowl of dough in covered with plastic wrap for an hour till it doubles in size.
Punch it down a bit and cut in half. I then rolled it out flat and shaped into a heart shape and put it on an oiled pizza pan. I cut pepperonis, mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms into hearts. The mozzarella was a waste because it all melts down so you won't see the heart shapes when it's done. Then I spooned some jarred pizza sauce all over the dough. Sprinkled some shredded cheddar and Monterey cheese. Layered the mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, mushrooms and some sliced black olives.
Put the oven at 500° or as high as your oven goes. Put the pizza in for 15 minutes till browned and crispy on top and the crust is golden.
Some of it slid off but I just listen it back on. My husband loved it!
My husband got me a dozen long stemmed roses.
And a beautiful necklace.
He really is the best! Which is why I am working so hard for his party on Saturday! And he gets something each day this week waiting on him when he gets off work. I'll post later about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment