Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!!!

Yesterday was a huge day for us! James took off some time to come to my doctors appointment and I'm so glad he did...the doctor says she is still breech so she had already scheduled my C-Section for the 7th!! We will be meeting our beautiful baby girl next Thursday :) We are beyond excited. It has felt like forever and I'm so ready to hold her and see what she looks like. Having a c-section terrifies me but I was a c-section baby, my husband was one, so we are just keeping with the tradition haha! She will have a perfectly round head instead of a cone head so her headbands will look extra adorable hehe!! 
So knowing that she is coming in a week I am still trying to cook some freezer meals so I will be prepared and not have to rely on junk food for however long I'm out. I hate knowing that I am going to miss cooking for Thanksgiving but hopefully I'll be fine for Christmas! Plus having baby Zara will make up for everything :)
Last night I made a casserole with a bunch to freeze. It was a Broccoli, Mushroom, Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.
First I took a whole rotisserie chicken and chopped up all the meat from it. Put that in a bowl.
Chopped up half a sweet onion and half a red onion cause that is what I had in my fridge leftover from the night before. I seared that in a pan with a little olive oil and butter.
Then sliced up a whole package of mushrooms really thin and moved the onions to the side and put the mushrooms in. Giving them plenty of surface area to get that nice brown caramelize. Tossed the mushroom onion mixture into the bowl.
I took a box of garlic flavored chicken broth and brought that to a boil with some water. Added a couple handfuls of this thin spaghetti noodles I get from whole foods. It's my favorite cause it's a German brand that is super super thin and delicious! Because it's so thin it only needs like less than 5 mins plus it will cook more in oven. I threw in the pasta with a little bit of the pasta water.
No need to drain it. Then added a can of Cream of Mushroom with roasted garlic soup,
a can of cream of Chicken Soup,
and a can of cream of celery soup.
Microwaved a bag of chopped broccoli.
Shredded half a block of Pepper Jack cheese and half a block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
A pinch of salt and ground pepper. Then a drained jar of sliced pimento peppers.
Stirred all of this together. Put in a glass dish for dinner that night and in a freezer proof pan for freezing.
Topped both with more shredded sharp cheddar.
Covered both with foil. Put the glass dish in the oven at 350° for 30 mins and then broiled for 5 mins without the foil till it browned.
Put the other into the deep freeze ready to eat at a later time! 
Tonight is Halloween night but it has been raining all freaking day!! I feel so bad for the kids around here. They better come to our house tho cause we are giving away full sized candy bars!!! Oh yeah that's right! Best house on the block ;)
But all of our lights, strobe lights, fog machine, and dry ice are out because if the rain :( I'm pretty disappointed. Still excited to see some costumes. I'm wearing my last bump Halloween shirt!!

For dinner tonight I am making an awesome Halloween pizza. I pulled out some frozen pizza dough I had made before and I'm going to add a bunch of veggies cut into scary shapes!
For dessert I am making Ghostly S'more Brownies! Um.....yum?!?
Melted stick of butter
1-1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs and 2 tbs of sugar
Bake for 10 mins at 350°
Made a box brownie mix and baked for 40 mins on top of graham cracker crust.
Topped with 2 Hershey bars and some milk chocolate chips 
Ghost peeps put under broiler.
Little too much broil but still delicious!!

And a rich decadent Hot Chocolate while we watch scary movies and hand out candy bars. Can't have a better night, except for if Zara was already here but she will just have to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. Her little turkey butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment