Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mini Turkey Meatloaves

So one of the funniest movies ever came out today, This is the end!!! So that will be our night, Mini Meatloaves and Laughter!! To make dinner I first set the oven to 375° then sprayed 2 jumbo muffin tins.

For the BBQ sauce I put 1 cup of ketchup, 2 tbs of chipotle puree, 2 tbs maple syrup, 2 tbs brown sugar, 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 2 garlic cloves minced and pepper in a small sauce pan. 
Heated until it started to bubble, then reduced the heat to low and simmered until thick for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

For the meatloaves I pulsed 2 cups of whole wheat pepperidge farm stuffing cubes in the food processor until it was crumbs. Then added a cup of chicken broth to moisten them.

I put 3 pounds of turkey in a bowl, added 1 1/2 tbs of poultry seasoning, 1 tbs of cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ground some pepper. 

Then I diced up 2/3 of a red bell pepper and 2 scallions and 1/2 cup of parsley and added that.

Then added 1 8 ounce cheddar cheese block cubed up and 2 eggs.

Next I added the moistened bread crumbs.
Then mixed it till it was combined.
Next I divided it into the 12 muffin tins.
Last I topped each loaf with the BBQ sauce.
Baked them at 375° for 40 mins till they were cooked thru.

For the mashed sweet potatoes I peeled and cubed 3 sweet potatoes and put them in a pot and covered with water. 
Then boiled for 20 mins till softened.
Once it was cooked I drained them and added them back to the pot. Put 1/2 cup of chicken stock and the juice of half an orange.
Mashed with half a tbs of chopped thyme, salt, and pepper.

To plate I spooned the mashed potatoes on the plate and put 2 of the loaves next to the potatoes and sprinkled with chopped parsley.

To freeze I'm going to let the mini Meatloaves come to room temperature and then wrap in foil and put in the freezer. To reheat I will thaw them and bake for 30 mins at 350°

Yummy and healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment