Sunday, October 13, 2013

Birthday Party and Apple Pie Oatmeal

Yesterday James had to work all day which sucked cause he had to work today too :( I miss him a lot when he is at work. But it makes it that much better when he gets home! 
It was our nephew's 4th birthday and they were having it at my mother in law's new house. It was, as every 4 year old boy loves, Angry Bird theme!! They had a cute cake and balloons all in the theme, with masks and toys all matching.
This was Uncle James and Aunt Heather haha!
I wore another one of my awesome Halloween shirts that I just love!
He was so cute opening his gifts.
And playing with his new fire truck!
Blowing out his candle.
And playing his new drum set naked drummer style!!
Oh the blackmail I'll get with this when he is older!! Lol.
We had a great night hanging with the family and watching the Alabama game, I end up taking over the remote every time now cause the game is always on. Luckily they don't have a college team so they don't mind letting me watch it haha!

I brought over a couple bites, my broccoli salad and these cute little Pizza Bites!

For the Pizza Bites I first took 5 Roma tomatoes and washed them.
Sliced them thin and put them on a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan.
I sprinkled them with Salt, Pepper, and Dried Oregano that I crushed as I sprinkled it.
Then sprayed them with my awesome olive oil pump.
Then put them in the oven for 35 mins at 350° until they were roasted and shrunken.
I took 4 small balls of Mozzarella cheese and sliced them into thin disks.
 Then I had 2 sheets of Puff Pastry thawed out on the counter.
I pricked the whole 2 sheets with a fork to keep them from rising too much. Then took a 2 inch circle cutter and started at one corner to cut out as many circles as I could.
I put each disk onto 2 silicone covered sheet pans.
Pricked them again each 3 more times.
And put them in the oven for 12 mins at 400° till they browned slightly on top.
To put them together I made an assembly line.
I sliced one puff pastry in half.
Put a spoonful of a store bought pizza sauce onto the bottom half.
Sprinkled that with a mixture of shredded Parmesan, Romano, and Pecorino cheeses. 
Then topped that with a Roasted Tomato.
I sliced up 5 of my home grown basil leaves into a chiffonad and sprinkled that on next.
Then added a piece of Mozzarella.
Last I put on a packaged pepperoni slice.
And put on the top. Then started on the others. I put them all onto a sheet pan till I finished them all.
I covered them with foil and brought them to my mother in laws house, preheated her oven to 350° and put them in the oven for 10 mins till they were warmed through and the cheese had melted. Everyone said they were yummy!

This morning I was hungry for something yummy and healthy. I had an apple leftover that needed to be used so I decided to make an Apple Pie Oatmeal.
First I got out the ingredients.
Took a pan and put it on high. Added half a cup of water.
2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
A couple dashes of cinnamon.
A handful of Red and Golden Raisins.
A pinch of salt.
Brought this to a boil to melt the sugar.
Next I took my apple.
Cored and diced it.
Then added them to the sugar mixture.
Stirred and cooked for 10 mins.
For the oatmeal I used a maple portion choice quick cooking oatmeal. Put half a cup in a bowl and added a cup of milk, heated it for 2 mins till it was cooked then layered some into a ramekin.
Topped that with some of the apple mixture.
Then added another layer of oatmeal on top.
Sprinkled the top with white sugar.
And took a mini blow torch to brûlée the sugar on top.
Then decorated with a sliced strawberry and a couple blueberries.
This was so yummy! And I put the rest of the apple mixture in a bowl to save in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow. It will thicken as it sits in the fridge and taste even more like apple pie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment