Sunday, October 6, 2013

Brunch and IKEA

Today was a fun day, we got up and decided to go downtown to try this restaurant called The Backstreet Cafe. 
The weather was amazing so I got to wear my new skinny jeans! I love this fall weather :)

Backstreet Cafe is owned by the same owners who have Hugo's which is my favorite gourmet Mexican place downtown! And Hugo himself was there cooking! Everyone had cocktails but me, I was so tempted cause the flavors were right up my alley with moscato wine spritzers with watermelon ice cubes and mixed berry mimosas! I was so jealous! I can't wait to be able to have my mimosas again. So I got a Virgin Mojito, it was very delicious and gave me the feeling that I was drinking too!
The Roll was an Orange and Chocolate Brioche Roll with Glaze. It was so freaking good! Warm and gooey, yum!! My mother got the Short Rib and Butternut Squash Hash.
I got the Backstreet Benedict with smoked ham and Texas Grits.
James got the Migas which I kept stealing bites from cause it was so delicious!
And of course like we always do cause we are fatties, I mean foodies, we got the Gingerbread Waffle with sautéed Apples to share!
Needless to say we were stuffed to the gills when we left! So we went to IKEA to walk it all off. I can't believe I've only been once before, I LOVE this place! We are looking for shelves for Zara's room, maybe a rug, and a table for next to my rocker. Like always I couldn't resist and got a bunch of stuff not on our list. I got new plates, my biggest guilty pleasure! And a spice rack for my pantry! James just put it up for me :) 
He is the best!
I helped by marking with the pencil!
And here is the finished product! I just need some labels to add to the jars.
LOVE!

Since we were out by the Edwards theater we wanted to go see the new movie Gravity in the IMAX, so we rushed over to the theater for the 2:30 show, only to find out I had misread the app and we missed it by 10 mins plus it was sold out. We had to settle for the 3D version, it was a waste anyway cause I thought it was boring! And by the end all I could think was I need to get home cause my feet had swollen so big and were killing me! Now we are home and I've got my feet up, we are about to go outside and decorate the house with all of our Halloween decorations we got this week! I'll post pictures tomorrow!
Had to add my selfie to prove I have a bump, I feel like the picture of both of us doesn't show it at all! Hope everyone has a great Sunday and go Texans!









No comments:

Post a Comment