Saturday, October 5, 2013

SUVs and Garlic Peanut Stir-fry

I woke up early, showered, and got dressed to go car shopping today. Then right as we were about to go I thankfully re-checked the time of the Alabama game. I was told it was at 6 so we were gonna go test drive early then be back for the game. Nope it started at 11! So all my plans were ruined. So we flipped it around and now I'm exhausted. After that amazing game we went to Gay Family Auto GMC, let me tell you what not to wear when you are 8 months pregnant and you are walking around a hot ass parking lot getting in and out of cars. Black leggings, 3 quarter length gray shirt, and closed toed shoes! My feet barely even fit in them anymore but I still thought it was a good idea. Needless to say by the end of the day my kankles were swollen over the edge of the shoes and I had huge blisters on both heals. They are all fine now that I have them up but geez that hurt! Here was a pic of my outfit from my point of view lol.

Anyway back to our test driving. First we tried the Acadia GMC, it was wonderful.....comfy seats, captains chairs on the second row, DVD player built in, heat and cool seating, and tons of other awesome features! 
After that we went to Jeep and test drove the Grand Cherokee Overlander, it sucked! No third row, no DVD, no CD player, this new E shifter which I didn't like...just wasn't for us! 
Next we went to Toyota and test drove my pick, the 4 Runner...now after driving the Acadia, nothing felt better! I still think the 4 Runner looks better on the outside but the luxuries on the Acadia are just too good to pass up. We are still gonna go check out some more but we are definitely leaning towards the Acadia.

For dinner I decided to go simple and make Thai flavors.... I did a Garlic Chicken Peanut Stir-Fry with Saffron Lemon Rice, and Sesame Carrot and Avocado Salad. 

First I made the sauce in a small sauce pan. I put 6 tbs of smooth peanut butter in the pan.
Added 2 tbs of soy sauce.
2 tbs of brown sugar.
And the juice of half a large lime.
Then added half a cup of water, 1 pinch of red pepper flakes and put that on low to melt together. Whisking every once in a while.
Next I put a pat of butter and a tbs of olive oil in a medium sauce pan. 
Then added a cup of jasmine rice, and a handful of thin German noodles crushed into small pieces, a tbs of chopped garlic, 5 strands of Saffron, and a pinch of cayenne, then stirred that to toast in the butter and oil.
Once that smelled nutty and browned, I added 2 cups of chicken broth, brought that to a boil, covered it, and then turned it to low for 15 mins.
For the Chicken I diced up 2 tbs of Garlic, 2 tbs of fresh Ginger, and 3 stalks of Scallions, white and green parts.
Then I took 3 chicken breasts and sliced them diagonallyand seasoned with salt and pepper.
I added 2 tbs of canola oil and set a large pan to medium high. Put the chicken in till it turned golden, stirring occasionally. 
Once they were completely cooked thru, I added the chopped veggies, cooked for a few mins stirring then added the peanut sauce off the heat. Stirred to combine.
To finish the rice I zested 1 lemon into it and fluffed with a fork.
For the Carrot and Avocado Salad I put a cup of shredded Carrots into a bowl, cubed an avocado, chopped up a handful of parsley, added that and a handful of raisins and dried pineapple from a nut mixture I had. In another bowl I added 3 tbs of olive oil, 2 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of sesame oil, and the juice of half a lime. Whisked that and added it to the carrot mixture then stirred to combine.
To plate I spooned the rice on the plate, put the Carrot and Avocado Salad next to that, then added 4 pieces of chicken per plate and spooned the sauce on top. Topped the chicken with peanuts and sliced a green onion to sprinkle over everything. Then added some lime wedges.
It was delicious!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment