Thursday, October 24, 2013

Patty Melts and Homemade French Fries

I had my 37week check up today. She is still breech so we will just wait till I'm 39 weeks to see if I will have a csection or not. My feet are clown feet right now, so swollen :( Could not be more ready for Zara to be here!
Here is my bump picture for this week.
You can tell by my unhappy look that I'm miserable lol.

For dinner tonight I have just completely given up on being healthy. All I can think about is food so I'm just going to go all out the last 2 weeks!

I made Patty Melts with Caramelized Onions, American Cheese, and Homemade Thousand Island Sauce. Homemade French fries and Apple-Bacon Baked Beans.

First I made the Thousand Island Dressing early for it to meld.
In a bowl I put half a cup of mayo and 2 tbs of ketchup
Then a tbs of white vinegar and 2 tsp of sugar
Then grated a tsp of white onion, pinch of salt, and lots of pepper.
Then diced up some sandwhich pickles cause it's what I had 
Stirred to combine then stuck in the fridge. Delicious!

For the Baked Beans I par baked 7 slices of Apple cured Bacon till they were sort of cooked but not all the way
Then I took 2 cans of Pork and Beans and put them in a bowl
Diced up 1/3 of a white onion and added them to the beans
2 tbs of yellow mustard
4 tbs of ketchup
1/4 cup of maple syrup
3 tbs of brown sugar
Stirred together
Then topped with the slices of par cooked bacon
Baked at 350° covered for 45 mins and uncovered for 15 mins till thickened

For the Patty Melts I sliced up an onion into half moons and caramelized them in a pan for 20 mins till golden.
Took a pound of ground chuck and mixed it with a tbs of onion salt, pepper, and a pinch of kosher salt. Shaped into patties the size and shape of the bread and put them in a castiron pan till browned on one side
Took the bread and spread the sauce on each piece.
Then put a slice and a half of American cheese on each bread piece
Topped with the caramalized onions
Then the browned patties
Buttered the top bread 
Put them back in the skillet and buttered the other side
Fried till golden and flipped till golden on the other side.

For the fries I peeled 2 Idaho potatoes
Then sliced into thick matchstick shaped sticks and put them in water to get rid of the exess starch
Put them in the fridge till ready, dried them on a clean kitchen towel
Put the oil at 300° and put the fries in in batches
Took them out after 5 mins, so they are pale colored
Then I cranked the oil up to 400° and put them back in for a few mins till they were crispy and golden. I forgot a picture of them by themselves so the final picture will have to do.
I'm in a food coma now haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment