Friday, October 4, 2013

Walnut Banana Pumpkin Muffins!!

Its Friday!! James is off this weekend so we are FINALLY going to test drive some cars :) I have been waiting for this forever! I need a new car so bad, although test driving when 8 months pregnant isn't going to feel normal! I'm very excited. I want a 4-Runner but James wants anything else....so we will be test driving a bunch of different SUVs. Anyone have any suggestions on safest vehicles for having a baby in the backseat? That is my main concern!

This morning I woke up and have been looking at these bananas that have turned very dark, I picked them up and one had completely liquified so I had to throw it away. Meaning if I didn't use the other 2 then I would end up throwing them away. Looking through my fridge I saw that I had no yogurt or milk, but I had half and half and a can of pumpkin purée. And I've been on a kick of fall flavors so I decided to make Walnut Banana Pumpkin muffins. I think baking is my nesting phase for getting ready for Zara! Haha. I have always hated baking but I feel like that's all I do lately!

First I got out all of the ingredients.
Then I took a small bowl, added 1/3 cup of Golden Raisins and enough half and half to cover them so they could plump up.
Next I took a bowl and added the wet ingredients, mashed up 2 very ripe bananas.
Added 1 egg.
Added half a can of pumpkin purée.
Then in a different bowl I melted 4 tbs of butter in the microwave and added it to the wet mixture.
Then stirred to combine.
Next I took a mixing bowl for the dry ingredients, added 1 and 1/3 cup of Flour
1/2 a cup of brown sugar.
2 tsp of baking powder.
Chopped up 1/2 cup of Walnuts and added that. A sprinkle of cinnamon.
Then the Golden Raisins that have been plumping with the half and half.
Whisked that together so the raisins and walnuts would get covered by the flour and stay suspended in the batter and not sink to the bottom. Then I took the wet mixture and added it to the dry.
Whisked that just enough not overworking it. Then took a muffin tin, added my Halloween cupcake liners and sprayed with spray.
Took a large Ice Cream scoop and poured the batter into each cup.
There was exactly enough batter for 12! Then I took 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon and mixed that together then sprinkled it on top of each muffin to make a sugary crispy top!
I baked these at 375° for 25 mins until a toothpick went in and out clean. They were very yummy! Moist and slightly sweet.
















No comments:

Post a Comment