Thursday, October 3, 2013

Garlic Pork Chops with Bourbon Glaze, Mushroom and Potato Hash, and Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.

Tonight was a last minute meal. James went to the courthouse by himself cause of the rain and then came and picked me up to go to the grocery store. This was what I did.

First I started boiling the Yukon Gold potatoes for 20 mins. 

Took them out and let them cool. When they were cool enough I cut them into cubes.
Next I put 1 small package of dried Oyster Mushrooms in boiling water for 20 mins to reconstitute them.
Then in a large sauté pan I added half an onion diced up, and browned those. 
Then added 1 package of Bella mushrooms sliced thin. Added 1 tbs of butter and some olive oil to start sautéing. Don't add any salt yet or it will be too watery. 

Once those were completely browned and caramelized  I moved them to a plate. Then sautéed the Oyster Myshrooms I chopped. Then moved those to the plate.
 I added another pat of butter and oil to the pan then put the diced potatoes in and flattened them out to get the most surface area to crisp up the potatoes. 
I added a large pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic seasoning. Flipped the potatoes when they browned. Did the other side and added the mushrooms. Here is where I added the salt to the mushrooms. Then sprinkled the whole thing with a tablespoon of Sherry Vinegar, a tablespoon of chopped Parsley, and half a tablespoon of chopped thyme. 
Stirred this all together and turned the pan on low to keep warm.

For the Pork Chops I seasoned both sides with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Seasoning. 
Then made a glaze in a small bowl of 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1 tbs of bourbon, and 1 tbs of brown sugar. 
Mixed that together and put half on the pork chops and saved the other half for when they were finished. I put the grill pan on medium high and added a tablespoon of olive oil till it smoked. I put the pork chops on the grill pan and cooked one side for about 8 mins till there were good grill marks, glazed the other side and flipped them. 
Grilled on that side for 8 more mins. Careful to not over cook them. They were slightly pink still to keep them juicy. Then I put them on a plate and covered with foil to let rest.

For the Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad I took a can of corn, drained it and added it to a large bowl. Diced an avocado and scooped that into the bowl. I took half a lemon and juiced it over the avocado to prevent it from browning. 
Then I cut a tomato into wedges and put those into the bowl. 

Then sliced half a red onion into thin half rings. For the dressing I used 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard, 1 tbs of red wine vinegar, 2 tbs of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisked that and poured it over the salad and tossed with a pinch of chopped parsley. 
Sooooo yummy!
To plate I put a chop on the plate, spooned the hash next to that, and then the Salad next to that. Then sprinkled it all with chopped Parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment