Thursday, January 2, 2014

Teriyaki Glazed Pork Spare Ribs and Shrimp Fried Rice with Napa Cabbage.

Zara and I had nice day today. I was actually able to get a shower in without her screaming at the top of her lungs. This is where she sits when I shower.
And she just chilled in bed while I was getting dressed.
Then we hit a speed bump and she cried for a good hour where nothing would console her.
But then Daddy came home and everything was better. We went to the grocery store!
Then she hung out with daddy while I cooked.
Aren't they just adorable?

For dinner I made something special. Healthy if you ate them separately but not so much together. Haha. Oh well it was delicious and worth it! I made slow cooked Teriyaki Pork Spare ribs and amazing shrimp fried rice.

For the ribs I started with a rack of Pork Spare ribs. I had the butcher cut them down the middle to get 2 inch pieces.
Put them in a roasting pan and sprinkled with Chinese 5 Spice powder, salt, and Pepper.
Then roasted at 300° for 2 hours. When there was 30 minutes left I glazed them with a bottled Teriyaki glaze. I was going to make my own but didn't feel like going through all of that when I had the fried rice to make from scratch. This was a delicious sauce.
After they were glazed I cooked for 30 minutes more.
Then glazed again and put under the broiler for 3 minutes to get sticky and delicious. Then cut them so there were 2 rib bones in each piece and glazed with more glaze and sprinkled with Sesame seeds. Easy and so so good!

For the Shrimp Fried Rice with Napa Cabbage the trick is to get everything ready for when you're ready to start cooking in the wok. 
I had cooked 4 cups of white rice earlier in the day and put in the fridge to get cold.
Peeled and deveined a pound of shrimp when we got back from the grocery store and put those in the fridge.
Sliced up 2 shallots and grated 2 inches of ginger.
Sliced up half a head of napa cabbage. 
Into thin strips
And scrambled up 4 eggs.
I put 2 tbls of veggie oil in a hot wok.
Added the shallots and ginger.
Then threw in the cabbage and tossed till wilted.
Added a pinch of salt and put on a plate to set aside.
Wiped the wok clean then added more oil and 2 cloves of garlic minced.
Then put in the shrimp.
Cooked till pink on one side.
Then flipped and put on top of the cabbage to set aside.
Then I put in more oil and dumped in the scrambled eggs.
Fried till it was stiff but not fully cooked.
Then added the cool cooked rice.
Mixed with a spatula. 
Added a couple tbls of soy sauce.
Then dumped in the shrimp and cabbage.
Half a cup of thawed peas.
Stirred together and fried that up till fully warmed and incorporated. For garnish I sliced some green onions thin and put in ice water to curl. And sprinkled on some chopped nuts. I had a mixture of a couple different ones. 
It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment