Monday, January 20, 2014

Grilled Zucchini, Shrimp, and Avocado Lettuce Wraps. & Chicken Suiza Chilaquiles

Just finished my workout for the day and my legs are burning!! James and I started using the treadmill after dinner switching off, lifting weights, and doing step ups in between. I'm feeling great with the juicing and I walk an hour in the morning too. 

Here are my daily pictures of my gorgeous girl.
 Playing on her play mat.
On her changing table.
Testing out her bumbo! (In a different outfit cause she got pee all over the pink one)

For lunch I made a low calorie delicious lettuce wrap. Marinated some shrimp and grilled them with healthy zucchini and avocado. Here is how I made it.

First I made the marinade in a large bowl. 1/4 cup of olive oil.
2 tbls of soy sauce.
1 clove of garlic grated.
The zest of 1 lemon.
2 tbls of chopped parsley and 2 tbls of chopped green onions. Salt and pepper.
Put in a pound of peeled and deveined shrimp.
Mixed together and put in fridge for 30 mins to marinade.
I then took a zucchini and cut in half, sprayed with olive oil and put on a hot grill pan.
While that was grilling I made the dressing. 
1 tsp of Dijon.
1 tbls of olive oil.
1 tbls of agave.
The juice of 1 lemon.
Salt and pepper then whisked together.
Next I put the shrimp on the grill and grilled for 4 mins each side till they are cooked through and put both the shrimp and zucchini on a cutting board.
Diced into bite sized pieces and put in a large bowl. Added 1 avocado cubed.
Then poured in the dressing.
I stirred and then spooned some of the mixture into 2 lettuce wraps. Each serving is 385 calories. This made 4 servings so I stored the rest for tmrw.


For dinner I wanted to make Chilaquiles that I saw in a cookbook but watched an episode of Rachel Ray that had a different version of them. Chicken Suizas Chilaquiles. Sounded delicious and my husband would like it much better then the other version because it had chorizo and he hates chorizo. 

First I made the charred tomatillo sauce. Mmmmm this is so good! I put 2 poblano peppers under a broiler to char the skin.
Once blackened I put them in a bowl and covered with Saran Wrap to cool and peel off the skin.
I set the oven to 375° and put 6 tomatillos, 5 garlic cloves, and 1 onion quartered.
Roasted for about 15 mins till they charred and caramelized a bit.
Removed the garlic skin and put all of it in a food processor. 
Then added the peeled and seeded pablano peppers.
1 tsp of cumin.
1 tbls of honey.
The juice from 1 lime.
A handful of parsley (James hates cilantro so I use parsley instead)
Puréed till smooth and poured into a sauce pan.
Brought to a simmer then added 2 cups of chicken broth.
Put in the cubed chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Half a cup of Mexican crema
Took 15 white corn tortillas and cut them into strips, sprayed with oil and toasted them in the oven at 350° for 15 mins till browned.
Grated 1/2 a cup of Swiss cheese, and 1/2 a cup of Monterey Jack.
In a casserole dish I layered the tortilla strips.
Half the cheese.
Then the chicken mixture.
The rest of the cheese.
Then put in the oven until the cheese melted and warmed through. I topped with half a red onion sliced.
Then plated with sour cream and cilantro.
Delicious!

Zara cried during dinner so I brought her over to sit with us while we ate!
 Then we played on the couch afterwards showing off her cute new tshirt!
And she tried eating the blanket, silly girl!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment