Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mexican Chicken Salad and Meatball Stroganoff

Zara is starting to do so much these days. I'm finally getting when people say live in the moment because they will pass. She is getting so big! I'm going to miss my tiny little newborn. 
She is smiling up a storm now, every morning I just talk to her and she smiles at mommy.
Then we make faces and play with our toys!


For lunch today I made a Mexican Chicken Salad. It was all for under 330 calories, I could eat it every day! Here is how I made it. First I made the chicken rub.
 1 tbls of chili powder
1/2 tbls of thyme.
1/2 tbls of oregano.
Then added a pinch of salt and pepper.
This was enough for 4 so I took half of it and sprinkled it over 2 thin slices of chicken breast.
Then put it in a pan with a tsp of olive oil and seared for 4 mins a side.
Put those on a plate and let rest.
Next I made the salad dressing. This was for 4 so I put half in a separate dish for later.
2 tbls of Orange juice.
1 1/2 tbls of Aged White Wine Vinegar.
1tbls of olive oil.
1 tsp of Honey. Whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then I took a head of romain lettuce and took off enough for 2 cups, then sliced in shreds.
Then put in the bowl with half of the dressing. I then sliced the chicken into strips.
Next I sliced half an Avocado and took an orange and cut out the segments. Separated both in half for each plate. Then sprinkled a tbls of cojita Mexican cheese on each plate. 
Delicious!

For dinner I was not very healthy but I wanted to use these meatballs I had made a couple months ago and froze in my deep freeze. They were pork and veal meatballs that I roasted in the oven. They are on a previous post but I am computer challenged so I don't know how to make a link. 
For the stroganoff I first diced a small onion and sliced a package of Bella mushrooms.
Put a tbls of butter and tbls of oil in a hot large pan.
Sauted the onions for 3 mins then added the mushrooms.
I minced 2 cloves of garlic and a tsp of my homegrown thyme.
Once the mushrooms were browned after like 8 mins I added the garlic and thyme.
Cooked for a min then added a spoonful of flour.
Mixed in, then added half a cup of red wine.
I then added a cup and a half of water.
A tbls of Worcestershire sauce.
1 packet of beef concentrate.
Mixed then added the frozen meatballs.
Covered and cooked while I made the noodles. These were Giada's pasta. I boiled for 15 mins.
Once the meatballs were cooked thru I turned off the heat and added a cup of sour cream.
Stirred together and plated the noodles and spooned on top the sauce and meatballs.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment