Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fried Rice with Ham, Edamame, and a Fried Egg

I. LOVE. THIS. GIRL!!

Smiley girl :)

Excuse my face but her face during tummy time was too cute to not put this picture!!

Really easy dinner tonight and oh so awesome! I made a breakfasty type Fried Rice. The only time consuming part is getting my mise en place together.
2 garlic cloves minced
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 inch of ginger grated
1 carrot julienned 
2 green onions sliced diagonally, whites separated from the greens
1 ham steak cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
2 tbls of chopped parsley (cilantro if your family likes it which I'm the only one in mine that does :()
1 cup of frozen shelled edamame 

Earlier in the day I cooked 4 cups of white rice and cooled it in the fridge.

First I coated a large wok with about 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. Turned the heat to medium high and added the carrots and onions. Sautéed for 8 mins.
Then I added the garlic, ginger, and green onion whites.
Sautéed for 1 min. Then added the ham, edamame, and the parsley.
Turned the skillet to high. Sautéed for 2 more mins. Then added the rice and stirred a bit but let it sit for 3 mins to fry and get crispy pieces.
In a measuring cup I put in 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tbls of Rice Wine Vinegar, and 1 tbls of Sambal (spicy Asian chili paste)
Then poured into the rice.
Stirred in then fried some eggs in another large skillet and topped them when the yolk was still runny and sprinkled the tops of the green onions and some cilantro on mine :) Amazing!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment