Monday, January 6, 2014

Orange Roughy Almondine with Smashed Potatoes and Parmesan Roasted Green Beans.

Well today is a great day considering I was knocking on death'a door yesterday! Ugh it was awful. I woke up with a temperature of 101 then it slowly climbed to 103 and then stayed above 100 till 4 that afternoon. I thought it was never going to end. Luckily it only lasted a day. And the beautiful Zara didn't catch it :) 
I had so much energy today so I planned some meals and headed off to the grocery store. I was just about done shopping had been there for like half an hour and this kid comes up to me, taps me on my shoulder and says excuse me Ma'm you have a very large green grasshopper on your back. So before almost flinging my jacket to the floor and running off screaming I asked him if he could get it off. Oh my god it was huge! And it had to have been there the whole time I was shopping, blegh!!! I still have shivers down my spine!! Ahhhhhhh!! I hate bugs!!

This morning I was watching Tyler's Ultimate and wanted to make what he was making, it looked amazing. He used Sole but my grocery store doesn't carry it so I decided to try Orange Roughy. 

First I toasted the almonds.
Put them on a low heat for 7 minutes. I used 2 cups but that ended up being way too much. Next time I would have only used half a cup or so. Toasted them till they were browned.

For the green beans I trimed some fresh beans and put them on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then shaved a bunch of Parmesan cheese over them and put in the oven at 400° for 10 minutes. Pulled them out when the cheese was melted and crispy.

For the Smashed Potatoes I put some red potatoes in a pot with salt and brought to boil for 20 minutes.
When those were cooked I drained them and put in milk and butter into the pot then mash them with a potato masher. Added salt and pepper.

For the fish I took out the Orange Roughy.
Took a plate and added a cup of flour, put in salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish I cracked 4 eggs.
Then poured in a cup of milk. Whisked and added salt and pepper.
I put a tablespoon of butter in a large skillet and some olive oil, brought it to medium high heat. Took a filet and dredged it into the flour.
Then into the egg mixture.
Then into the hot butter and oil.
Then did another filet. 2 at a time.
Fried till golden, about 7 minutes on the first side.
Then put on a plate to do the other 2.
For my mise en place I chopped up a large shallot, and a handful of parsley.
When the fish was done I put in the shallots and sautéd for a couple minutes.
Poured in a cup of wine.
Let the wine cook down. Then added the juice of 1 lemon.
Then added 2 tbls of butter.
To plate I spooned the smashed potatoes on a plate, used tongs for the green beans. Then placed the fish and sprinkled with the toasted almonds and poured some sauce over it. Sooooo delicious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment