Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Steak Pizzaiola and Fudge Heath Brownies.

Here is what I made last Friday. Didn't get a chance to post it!

For the Steak Pizzaiola, first I started with all my mise en place.
I took a center cut sirloin steak and salt and peppered it.
Seared it in some olive oil at medium high heat till browned on one side then flipped.
Once seared on each side for a couple minutes. Not trying to cook it fully here, just get some color. I set it aside to wait for the sauce to be made.
Then in the pan I added 4 garlic cloves crushed into the drippings.
Once sizzling I added 1 sliced onion.
Sauted till browned and softened
Then added 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper sliced.
Sautéd till softened, then added a can of mushrooms cause I didn't have any fresh.
Mixed then added a few sliced pepperroncinis. This makes it very spicy.
Saute then add one can of crushed tomatoes.
Fill the can back up with some water and pour that in.
Half a teaspoon of oregano
A pinch of red pepper flake.
Stirred till mixed and brought to a simmer. Then put the steak back in along with its juices on the plate.
Plop!
Let it simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes to get medium rare.
Then when it's cooked to your liking take it out and let it rest. Bring the sauce to boil and let thicken. Then slice the steak and pour over some of the sauce. 

For the Mozzarella bread I took an Italian loaf of focaccia bread, sliced it and toasted in the toaster oven.
Grate over a cup of mozzarella cheese over the warm bread and put back to broil for a few minutes.
Then serve up!

For dessert even though New Years came and went and I'm supposed to be eating healthy, I needed this chocolate indulgence Friday night. Small bites are ok. I'm on a juice kick now so it's all good :)

First I started with 2 stick of butter.
Melted in microwave.
Poured in 3 cups of white sugar.
1 tbls of vanilla, stir together. 
Then added 4 eggs one at a time and whisked each till fully incorporated. 
Whisk till smooth.
In another bowl sift together 1 1/2 cups of flour.
1 cup of cocoa powder.
And a tsp of salt.
Poured into the wet mixture.
Stirred till fully combined.
Added a cup of Heath pieces. 
Then poured into a 9 x13 greased pan.
Then bake for 40 minutes at 350°. I don't have a picture of the finished product cause we just ate it but that last picture looks delicious enough right?! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment