Friday, January 3, 2014

Beer Braised Chicken and Bacon

Oops I forgot to post this recipe before yesterday's post. We had this New Years Day. My husband took the leftovers to work today and is texting me now saying how amazing it is so I must let you know how to make it! I tweeked it to add some black eyes peas for tradition of the New Years!

It's a Beer Braised Chicken and Bacon with Black Eyed Peas.

First I cut 5 pieces of thick cut bacon into lardons.
Put them in a Dutch oven at medium high heat.
Then I took 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs out.
Salt and peppered them.
Then dredged in flour.
Took the bacon out when it was browned and crispy and set it aside. Then put in the floured chicken 4 at a time.
Browned for 5 minutes on one side till golden and flipped for 1 min on the other side.
Once I was done with the second batch I threw in half a pound of red potatoes sliced in half.
Put the rest of the chicken back in.
Added a large spoonful of brown sugar.
A spoonful of Dijon mustard.
A bag of thawed frozen pearl onions.
4 sprigs of homegrown thyme.
12 oz of any beer you like. My husband had this one called Commercial suicide, he loves the weird beers but it turned out delicious!

Then I added 2 cups of water til it came above the chicken and a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Then half a can of corn.
Half a can of rinsed black eyed peas and stirred together carefully.
Covered partially and brought to boil for 30 minutes.
Then took out the thyme, added 2 tbls of chopped parsley and the bacon back in and stirred.
So delicious!
You must make this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment