Saturday, January 11, 2014

German Roasted Chicken with Bacon Roasted Potatoes with Peas, and Sauerkraut

My poor baby is not feeling well today. We went and got her 2 month check up and shots yesterday and she is getting some of the side affects today :( We woke up early this morning and she had a fever of 101.5. Scared me but we gave her some Tylenol and put a cool washcloth on her head and have brought it down.
She is awake and up right now but sleeping for most of the day.
Rest is all we can do for her. Poor baby girl!
I didn't cook dinner yesterday since we went out to eat for lunch so I had to replace my dinner with a juice. I've been juicing since Monday and I've never felt better. I'm working on losing my baby weight and this is definitely helping :) Here are a few of my juices. 




They have all tasted good and are really helping me heal my body from the inside out! Getting me back to my prepregnancy body!!

I have a dinner I didn't have time to post from last week. A German roasted Chicken with a Panko crust, Bacon Roasted Potatoes with Peas, and Sauerkraut. So yummy! 

First I started with 5 slices of thick cut bacon and sliced into lardons.
Fried till browned but still soft. It's going to continue to cook in the oven with the potatoes.
Toss in a pound of white small potatoes cut in half. Stir into the bacon grease and put on a baking sheet with a sil pat mat to keep from sticking.
Baked at 425° for 30 minutes, watch for any burning. Add a cup of peas 5 minutes before it's done cooking.

To make the chicken I used the bacon pan and put in 2 tbls of butter melted down and put in a tsp of caraway seed and toast in the butter.
Then add a cup of Panko bread crumbs.
2 tbls of chopped dill and 2 tbls of chopped parsley.
Stirred to mix.
I took 3 chicken breasts.
Spread with a tbls of Dijon mustard on each piece. 
Add salt and pepper and spray with olive oil.
Then take the Panko mixture and pack it evenly onto each breast.
Till you cover all 3.
Put in the oven at 425° for 30 minutes till a thermometer reads 165. 

For the sauerkraut I just added a tbls of butter to a small sauce pan and added a cup of drained and rinsed sauerkraut and heated it up. Then plated.

Yumm!!





No comments:

Post a Comment