Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Caesar Bread and Kale Salad with Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs!

Went to buy buy baby this morning to take a receipt back with a 20% off coupon for the new swing we bought Zara. She absolutely loves it! We used to put her in the mommaroo during dinner and had to listen to her scream the whole time then hurry to finish so someone could go pick her up. Now we sit her in it and she just chills or falls asleep or looks at the mobile, it's awesome!!


James brought me flowers when he got off work. I was so surprised till I realized I deserved flowers after what he did!! The reason is cause he scared the crap out of me today. I was lying in bed with Zara after her 3rd morning feeding and just fell back asleep and all of a sudden I hear helllooooo!!!! Right behind me! He spoke thru the baby monitor from work for the first time. I almost threw up it scared me so bad! I think I'll be turning it off in the mornings from now on haha!
They sure are pretty :)

For dinner tonight I made a Caesar Bread Salad with Kale and Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs. It was very yummy!

First I started with a loaf of Ciabatta bread.
Cut into cubes.
Put on a sheet tray and put in oven at 350° for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl I grated 2 cloves of garlic.

The juice of 2 lemons.
1 egg yolk.
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
A tsp of anchovy paste.
1/3 a cup of olive oil.
A cup of grated Parmesan.
Whisked till combined.
Then I added the cubes of bread.

Next I took a package of baby kale.
Put in a pot of salted boiling water till cooked. 3 minutes.
Then I drained it and put it in with the bread and mixed.

For the chicken thighs I salt and peppered the bone in, skin on chicken thighs and some boneless, skinless thighs to have for the next day.
I put 2 tbls olive oil in a medium high heat large skillet. I put in the skin on thighs down skin side for 5 minutes and then put the skinless thighs in for 2 more minutes. Flipped for 2 minutes then put in the oven at 350° for 12 minutes. Then plated. And grated some more Parmesan on top of the salad.
This is how my night ended. 
Happy time.
Sleepy time :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment