Thursday, January 9, 2014

Homemade Ravioli Two Ways. Veal Ravioli with Parmesan Cream Sauce and Four Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce.

Thought you would like a picture of this adorableness :) I can't get over how awesome she is!!

Dinner was amazing. My mother asked for homemade ravioli so I decided to use some wonton wrappers to make Homemade Ravioli Two Ways. Veal Ravioli with Parmesan Cream Sauce and Four Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce. 

First I roasted the tomatoes. I took a pound of tomatoes.
Cut them in half and cut out the core. Then put on a baking sheet with 5 cloves of garlic. Sprayed with good olive oil. Sprinkled with salt, pepper, and my homegrown thyme.
Then I slow roasted them for 2 hours at 200° Then put it in a food processor and blended till smooth. Fresh and delicious.

For the Veal filling I took a carrot, a celery stalk, and small onion and diced them finely.
Then added 2 garlic cloves.
Took a large skillet at medium high heat, put in a tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of olive oil and put in the diced veggies to sauté. 
Stirred till softened.
Then added a pound of ground veal. Cooked till no longer pink.
I added a pinch of salt and pepper. And grated some nutmeg in and poured 1/4 a cup of grated Parmesan. Then put in a bowl.

For the cheese filling I took a large bowl and put 3/4 a cup of whole milk Ricotta and 1/4 a cup of grated Parmesan.
1/4 a cup of Marscapone cheese. 
Then grated in half a ball of Mozzarella.
Then I added 1/4 a cup of bread crumbs.
Added a grating of nutmeg, pinch of salt and pepper. Then mixed together till combined.
I took a bowl and whisked an egg and a splash of water.
For the veal ravioli I took a wonton wrapper put on the cutting board. Added a small spoonful of the veal mixture. 
Took a pastry brush, dipped in the egg, and wiped it around the filling.
Then topped with another wanton. Pressed out all the air with the palm of my hand. Then used a ridged cookie cutter to stamp out a cute ravioli circle.
I made an assembly line of them to make it go faster.


For the cheese ravioli I took a wonton and put some of the cheese mixture in the middle.
I didn't get a picture but I egg washed 2 sides and put one corner to another then used a pizza cutter to trim the exess to make a triangle.

For the cream sauce I did the 2 tbls of butter and 2 tbls of flour whisk till the flour is cooked out, whisked in 1 cup of milk till thickened and added a 1/2 cup of Parmesan. 

To cook the ravioli I boiled a large pot of water and popped some ravioli in in batches of 5.
Boiled till they floated to the top.
Then pulled out and toweled off with a paper towel.
I did the same with the cheese ravioli then put both on a plate, and added the cream sauce with the veal ravioli and the fresh roasted tomato sauce on the cheese ravioli.
So delicious! And I took the rest of the pasta that I had leftover and put it on a sheet pan and put in the deep freeze to freeze for the future. I also froze both of the leftover fillings to make more because I had way more than wanton wrappers.

Now I'm enjoying watching the best people in my life talk to each other.
 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment