Monday, December 9, 2013

Quick Marinade Grilled Chicken, Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese, and Green Beans. Healthy and yummy!!

This weekend was nice, I love when James is off. The time we spend with Zara is so much fun and easier than when he is at work. We went to the outlet mall on Saturday and out to breakfast with grandpa Cox on Sunday! Saturday night we left Zara with grandma and went on a date night to a hibachi grill, had a couple drinks and some good food. It was a lot of fun but we missed Zara so much that we rushed home after! This morning with James back at work I decided to get some of my birth announcements addressed and ready to be sent off. I'll work on Christmas cards this week too. I finished my Christmas Chalkboard today, I did a quick one because this month is almost over.
And the rest of the day I spent with Zara trying to soothe her. She may be a little colicky but I'm not sure. I finally got her to nap around 2
Look at that beautiful smile :)

For dinner I am still trying to make healthy food. I had a butternut squash so I made a butternut macaroni and cheese. 

First I took a butternut squash and peeled it
Then cut into big chunks
And cut it into inch cubes
Put them in a sauce pan with 1 1/2 cup of low far milk
A cup of chicken broth
Brought to a boil for 20 minutes
Once tender I took an immersion blender and blended till smooth
Added nutmeg
a pinch of cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper
Mixed then poured into a pot of cooked macaroni noodles, 1 pound
Added a cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons of grated parmesean 
Mixed
Then poured into a sprayed casserole dish
In a bowl I added 2 tbls of bread crumbs, 1 tbls of Panko, 1 tbls of grated Parm 
Then added a tbls of olive oil and mixed till combined 
Then sprinkled on top of the macaroni and covered with foil, put in the oven at 375° for 20 minutes. Took the foil off and put back in for 30 more minutes till browned and crispy.

For the chicken I first made a marinade. I put in a cup 1/3 cup of white wine
1tsp of dried Basil
1 tsp of onion salt
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 a tsp of salt 
Ground black pepper
1 tbls of olive oil then mixed and pored in a bag with a pound of chicken cutlets
Put bag in fridge and let marinade 
Grilled the cutlets for 4 mins per side
Then plated the chicken, Mac and cheese, and heated up a can of green beans for the side. We are on a health kick and the last 2 things I have made have turned out great. James is like This is healthy? I love healthy! 
Let's hope he keeps thinking that with everything healthy I make! I highly doubt it though haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment