Sunday, December 22, 2013

Grilled Chicken Caesar Mac and Cheese

I am so ready for this Chistmas holiday to be over. I usually love everything about it but getting sick and Zara going through a growth spurt has been hard on me. But she is so awesome, so it's all worth it!
Thursday night we went to my mother in laws Christmas party, even though I didn't feel very good we had a great time. Zara got to meet her cousins for the first time.
And hang out with Aunt Jennifer and Cousin Stephanie!!
Zara got some great gifts from Grandma Marcia and everyone loved holding her and passing her around. She did so great and wasn't fussy at all! She saves that just for me. 
Haha!

The main reason I'm ready for this holiday season to be over is so I can get back to cooking every night. We are going healthy after the New Year so be ready for those recipes! 

Saturday night I made a pretty awesome dinner, James loved it and he isn't a big fan of pastas, I know, ridiculous!! I made it for my mother because she loves Caesar salads. I have seen versions of this before and wanted to try it out. It was a Grilled Chicken Caesar Mac and Cheese. My husband says so there is anchovies in this right? Lol.....um noooooooo, yes, yes there are! But it's Mac and cheese!!

Anyway, first I started with 3 skinless chicken breasts, put them on my cutting mat, covered with plastic wrap, and pounded till they were even. So they would cook at the same time. 
Then heavily salt and peppered them, poured olive oil onto a grill pan, and put the chicken on the hot grill. Cooked for 6 mins each side then put on a plate and set aside.
Meanwhile I put a cup of Panko bread crumbs in a bowl
Added 3 tbls of melted butter, mixed.
Then added 3/4 a cup of grated Parmesan and Romano cheese. Ideally I would have used Pecorino cheese but I couldn't find it at the grocery store I went to. Mixed then set aside.
In a large pot I boiled water, salted it and cooked a pound of noodles.
Then in another medium pot I melted 3 tbls of butter and added 2 cloves of chopped garlic, and 1 tbls of Anchovies paste. 
Let that cook for a few mins then added 3 full tbls of flour and whisked to cook out the raw flour.
Added a cup of chicken stock slowly whisking, and then 2 cups of milk.
Whisked until it was thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and added a tbls of worchesterchire sauce
3/4 a cup of grated Parmesan and Romano cheese.
When it was thick and the noodles were al dente I drained the noodles and poured them into the sauce.
Took the chicken and sliced it into thin bite sized pieces.
Then put the chicken into the pot.
Stirred together and put in a casserole dish.
Topped with the Panko mixture.
Baked at 400° for 20 mins till browned on top.
Then I served it with an arugula salad.
It was very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment