Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mozzarella Chicken stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach, Bourbon Glazed Carrots, and Red Chard with Raspberry Vinegar.

I feel like death warmed over. I think I have a cold or something. All I want to do is sleep. I had my 6 week post pregnancy check up today and everything went great. Except for the fact that I had to get my chicken pox vaccination that they forgot to give me at the hospital. Yeah feeling like crap and getting a shot wasn't my idea of a good day! Here is a cute picture of Zara who made my day bearable.
 I needed a good home cooked meal so I took some Tylenol cold and flu and got to cooking. For dinner I made Mozzarella Chicken stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach, Bourbon Glazed Carrots, and Red Chard with Raspberry Vinegar.

For the chicken I took 3 chicken breasts and cut them in half and pounded each half till it was super thin.
For the ricotta filing I took half a 9oz bag of spinach and sautéd it in olive oil 
Put in a tbls of chopped garlic
Cooked till it softened, chopped it and put in a bowl. Then added half a cup of ricotta cheese
I cracked 2 eggs in a small bowl and whisked them together. Then poured a couple tbls of egg into the ricotta mixture.
Grated in 1/4 cup of Parmesan 
In a baking dish I put a cup of bread crumbs, and a tsp of Italian seasoning
Grated in a tbls of Parmesan 
Then I took a chicken breast half and put a spoonful of the ricotta mixture in the middle and rolled the chicken over it till it sealed.
Rolled the bundle in the whisked egg mixture then into the bread crumbs. Placed in an oiled baking dish seam side down. 
Baked at 450° for 25 minutes.
Then topped with jarred marinara sauce and a slice of mozzarella on each bundle.
Then I put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes till the cheese was melted and then topped with sliced home grown basil.

For the bourbon glazed carrots I sliced up a bunch of carrots, put them in a pan with 1/3 cup of water, brought to a boil and covered till they are tender.
Then poured in 2 tbls of bourbon
When it evaporates I put in a tbls of butter and a large spoonful of brown sugar.
Stired till it glazed.

For the red shard I chopped it and put it in a skillet with olive oil and garlic
Once wilted I poured in some raspberry vinegar 
Then plated.


No comments:

Post a Comment