Friday, December 6, 2013

Lemon Chicken and Dill with Orzo

Clean clean clean, that's all I've been doing today. Zara has been pretty good today, not too fussy. She definitely loves her Daddy! As soon as he gets home she just cuddles and falls asleep with him.

For dinner tonight I went super easy but really delicious! I had a bunch of dill because I had bought some for last nights dinner but totally forgot to use it haha. So tonight I made Lemon Chicken and Dill with Orzo.
First I cut a pound of chicken tenderloins into 1 inch pieces, salt and peppered it
Took a small pan and seared at a very high heat real quickly till it was browned but not cooked through
Then tossed the pieces into a 4quart baking dish.
Threw in 1/4 cup of chopped Dill
Zested 1 Lemon and squeezed the juice of half the lemon into it.
Then I broke up a block of Boursin Garlic Herb Cheese with a fork into it.
Dumped in a pound of dried Orzo
Mixed with the fork till combined
In a large sauce pan I put in 2 cups of Chicken broth, 3/4 cup if water, 2 tablespoons of Butter, 1-1/2 teaspoons of Salt, and Ground Pepper. Brought to a boil then poured over the chicken mixture.
Stirred a tiny bit then put in the oven set at 400° for 40 minutes. Topped wth grated Parmesean. Let set for 5 minutes
It was very very good!
After dinner Zara discovered she had a hand!
Adorable little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment