Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pork Chops Madeira and Pan Fried Chicken Thighs with Teriyaki Glaze, Broccoli, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry, and Rice.

Blah, I'm so tired. Zara is no longer the sleeping angel she has been the first 3 weeks. She kept me up all night last night and I'm exhausted. We went to the pediatrician today and she has finally gained past her birth weight! She was 7lbs 6oz at birth and now she is 7lb 15oz!! I can finally stop force feeding her every two hours. She barely gets it down and then looks so miserable after each feeding. This is her omg I'm so full face!!
Isnt she the most adorable?!

We are working on decorating our house for Christmas, I will post pictures as soon as we are done. Here is James, Zara, and I in front of the tree in the living room.
We have a white tree too that goes in the entryway that is beautiful! Should have it up tomorrow.

For dinner last night I made a quick Pork Chop Madiera. James loves Chicken Madiera at Cheesecake Factory so I used the same flavors with a pork chop. 
I also made a saffron rice pilaf. First I chopped up the veggies.
Salt and peppered the pork chops and put them in the pan at medium high heat with vegetable oil to sear.
Once browned I put them on a cooking sheet with foil and out them in the oven for 5 mins at 350° Then added a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
Then I added the shallots, garlic, and sliced mushrooms.
Sautéed till caramalized 
Added a full tbls of flour
Mixed it till a paste is formed, added 1/2 cup of Madiera, let boil down. Then added half a cup of beef broth, boiled till it thickened. Then added some chopped thyme and parsley. Let sit while I finished the rest. 
For the rice I sautéed an onion, chopped garlic, and chopped red bell pepper in butter.
After they are soft I put in a cup of rice and a cup of thin noodles crushed in my hand.
Toasted them for 4 mins. Then added 1/4 cup of hot water with a pinch of saffron that has bloomed for 5 mins in the hot water.
Then 2 cups of chicken broth. And the peel of an orange.
Brought to boil and put on low, then covered and let cook for 15 mins. When it was done I added half a cup of golden raisins, frozen peas, and some toasted slivered almonds.

For tonight's dinner I made Pan Fried Chicken Thighs with a Teriyaki Glaze. 
First I Salt and Peppered some chicken thighs. And added it to a skillet set at medium high heat with vegetable oil.
Pan fried till the skin was crispy, about 10 mins. Then flipped and cooked for 5 more mins. Poured in a bottle of Teriyaki Glaze, a half cup of chicken broth. Then put the pan in the oven for 10 mins at 350°
For the stir-fry I chopped up the veggies
Put oil in a wok and set it to high then added the onion, garlic, then mushrooms, an broccoli. Let char a bit.
Then added the chopped asparagus
Sautéed for 5 mins then added a couple tbls of oyster sauce, some tamari, a tbls of fresh squeezed orange juice, and chicken broth. Let boil and turn off heat.
Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I was in a hurry cause Zara was screaming.
To plate I put some boil in bag rice on the plate, 2 chicken thighs, then the stir-fried veggies. Poured some of the glaze over the chicken and topped with chives. Then added a slice of the orange for color :)
Sorry this was written poorly, I'm just so tired and about to feed Zara then go to bed early. I will do better the next time. Have a great night everyone.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment