Thursday, December 5, 2013

Garlic Basil Tilapia, Roasted Carrots with Raisins and Walnuts, and Zesty Lemon Green Beans

Tonight I went healthy, we are all feeling the fullness of the holidays. Tilapia is always my go to when we need something light.
First I took 8 carrots and cut them into 1 inch pieces and put them on a foil lined sheet pan. Sprayed with olive oil. Chopped up an onion and sprinkled it over. Then dusted them with allspice.
Sprinkled with salt and pepper
Put in the oven at 425° for 10 mins. Put 1/4 cup of golden raisins in a half cup of hot water to plump them up.
Got out a bag of chopped walnuts.
After 10 mins I took the carrots out and sprinkled with the drained raisins and walnuts. Then roasted for 10 more mins till the carrots turned golden.

For the sauce to top the fish I put 3 tbls of butter in a small sauce pan
Chopped 2 cloves of garlic
Squeezed half a lemon into it
Added salt, pepper, and 2 tbls of my homegrown basil chopped up
I then salt and peppered the tilapia filets
Heated a large skillet with olive oil and put in the fish
Flipped after 4 mins. Then topped with the sauce on the plate.

For the green beans I blanched the beans in a large sauce pan of boiling water
Added 2 tbls of butter to a large skillet
A clove of garlic chopped and a pinch of red pepper flakes
When the beans are cooked to how we like them I put them into the butter
Sautéed till coated then topped with the zest of 1 lemon, salt, and pepper.
Then plated..... this was a pretty quick meal to make. Healthy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment