Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Marinated Lamb Chop Popsicles with Homemade Chimichurri sauce, Salted Caramel Syrup Roasted Acorn Squash, and Cayenne Corn and Pan Seared Ribeye

Last night I didn't post my recipe cause I was exhausted. I went out shopping with Zara all day and she was not happy for most of it. Today has been the same way. I have had to let her cry it out twice. It was so horrible :( I hate listening to her sound like she is in so much pain but she isn't happy with anything we do. She is fed, dry, cuddled, we walk her around. She just wants to be fussy so I put her in her Mamaroo and let her cry it out. It's about 5 to 10 minutes before she tires herself out and goes to sleep. With her red eyes and tears pouring down her cheeks. She looks so sad. But I think it's best for everyone to just let her cry it out. Why can't she always be happy? 

Last night I made Marinated Lamb Chop Popsicles with Homemade Chimichurri sauce, Salted Caramel Syrup Roasted Acorn Squash, and Cayenne Corn. They were so freaking good!

First I took a lamb rack package and opened them.
Then I sliced them into little separate chops and put them in a bag
I poured in olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic
And some chopped rosemary
Set a grill pan to medium high
Turned after 2 mins each side to get a nice sear but tender inside
Put on a plate and let rest

For the chimichurri sauce I put in 1/4 cup of parsley in a food processor 
A couple tbls of my homegrown oregano
3 tbls of red wine vinegar 
4 cloves of garlic grated in
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flake
Salt and black pepper
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Pulsed until combined. Let sit for 30 minutes to come together.

For the roasted Acorn Squash I cut them in half, put on a foil wrapped sheet pan, put 2 tbls of butter in the cavity. 
Poured in some Salted Caramel syrup
And a spoon full of brown sugar
Then roasted for 40 minutes at 375°

For a snack today I made some Thyme and Parmesan Shortbread Cookies. Oh man these are awesome! Please try them!
All of it goes in the food processor and it is super easy.
First put in 2 cups of flour
Then 1 cup of powdered sugar
Half a cup of grated Parmesan 
Pulsed to mix and then added 2 sticks of room temperature butter and 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme
Mixed till combined then poured out onto a sheet of plastic wrap
Wrapped together and formed a log
Put in the fridge for an hour to harden then cut into slices and put on a sheet pan with a sil pat mat
Baked at 375° for 14 minutes till golden around the edges.
They are savory but sweet, I ate like 5 before dinner :/ Oops!

For dinner tonight I made a pan seared ribeye. I heavily salted 2 large Ribeyes. And sprinkled on some cumin, coriander, and chipotle chili powder. Then got a cast iron skillet and set it to high. Put in some olive oil and put the steak in.
Flipped after 3 minutes till it had a nice golden crust
Then I put half a shallot cut up in quarters and 2 garlic cloves crushed with each steak and 2 tbls of butter in the pan
Then used a spoon to baste the steak
Then I put them on a plate to let rest and the juices redistribute.
For the potatoes I quartered a pound of potatoes
In a bowl I put half a stick of butter and melted it in the microwave
Added 2 tsp of chopped garlic 
Squeezed the juice of 1 lemon
A full tbls of grated Parmesan 
Added a pinch of salt, black pepper, and garlic herb seasoning. Then poured over the potatoes.
Covered with foil and baked for 40 minutes at 350° then took the foil off and baked for 10 more minutes.
I boiled some asparagus then sliced the ribeye into strips and plated.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the actual recipe you followed for the Lamb Chops? The pictures are hard to follow and a written out recipe would be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry it took me so long to respond, you are my first comment so I never saw it!! I didn't follow any certain recipe for this meal, just added amounts that looked right. I will try to write out written recipes from now on. It's just usually a pain if I eyeballed something or added something different than what a regular recipe calls for. Thanks for the comment though!!!

      Delete