Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Spicy Almond Chicken with Rice.

Tonight's dinner is a healthy one. Since I'm not pregnant anymore I need to watch what I eat again. However I'm breastfeeding so I don't have to watch too close :) But I am trying to get more veggies in our diet. This is like a stir fry with Almond butter instead of Peanut butter, delicious!!
First I took a small sauce pan and added 1/4 cup of Honey Almond Butter.
1/4 cup of Hoisin sauce.
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
1 tbs of Sriracha sauce.
1/2 cup of chicken stock.
2 cloves of garlic chopped.
1 inch of ginger grated.
Juice of 1 lime. Brought to a boil and lowered to simmer till it thickened.
Then I sliced 3 stalks of celery, 1 jalapeño, a cup of Snap Peas, 2 carrots into matchsticks, 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, and 1 onion chopped.
I put a couple tbs of veggie oil in a large skillet and put in the vegetables.
Sautéd till tender. Then added the water chestnuts.
Then added the shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Then poured the Almond sauce over the chicken and veggies.
I cooked a bag of rice and added some butter and salt. Then plated the rice and topped with the meat mixture. Toasted some almond slivers and sprinkled on top of the dish plus some sliced green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment