Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Filet Cheesesteak Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and homemade Cheese Sauce.

Wanted to show off my push present, it's an origami owl bracelet with charms that represent Zara! I love it!!!
Easy dinner tonight.
Filet Cheesesteak Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and homemade Cheese Sauce.

For the sauce I put 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan.
Then added 2 tablespoons of flour
Whisked till combined then added 2 cups of whole milk.
Whisked until it thickened, then added a cup of sharp yellow cheddar
Then a cup of sharp white cheddar cheese
Added 2 teaspoons of dried mustard
Stirred and added salt and pepper
I Caramelized half an onion sliced thin and 6 mushrooms sliced
Then I heavily salted and peppered 2 filets and put on the grill pan at medium high heat for 4 mins a side then took them off to let rest on a cutting board
Threw on a sliced bell pepper onto the grill pan till charred
When the filet was rested enough I sliced it into thin strips
To make the sandwich I took a hoagie roll, toasted it and then added a few strips of steak
Topped with the onions
The mushrooms
The bell peppers
Then poured on the cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment