Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BBQ Bacon Chicken with Caramelized Apples and Red Onion Sandwich topped with Sharp White Cheddar, Bacon, and Pickles and Homemade French Fries.

Zara has been having some bad build up in her eyes where her eye lashes will fuse together after she naps. I read that it was a blocked tear duct and just to use a warm compress and massage it to open the duct. Well it just kept getting worse so I had to change her appointment from Friday to today but of course we wake up today and it's not as bad as it has been. So the doctor just tells me what I already know and to do what I've been doing, I guess it's working now. She said it could last on and off till 6 months!! Then I forgot it was her 2 week check up where she had to get the heel stick :( it was awful! They made me hold her to comfort her but all it did was make her think I was doing it to her and she looked at me with begging eyes to make it stop! My poor baby :( But she is strong and all better now :) She is such a great little baby girl.

For dinner I decided to make a BBQ Bacon Chicken with Caramelized Apples and Red Onion Sandwich topped with Sharp White Cheddar, Bacon, and Pickles and Homemade French Fries.

First I made the BBQ sauce. I chopped up 3 strips of bacon and put them in a medium sauce pan.
Then chopped up half a large onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
Threw that in with the crispy bacon and sautéed till softened.
Then put in a cup of ketchup. 
Poured in a cup of chicken stock.
1/4 cup of maple syrup.
Couple spoons full of Dijon mustard.
Then 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
3 tbs of worchesterchire sauce.
Stirred and added black pepper. Brought to a boil then turned down to a simmer for 20 mins.
Next I thinly sliced a red onion.
Put 2 tbs of butter and some olive oil in a pan at medium high heat.
Then quartered 2 apples and cored them.
Then sliced them thinly.
Put the onions in the pan to caramalize.
Then the apple slices.
Grated some nutmeg and added salt and pepper.
Then added chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Poured over the BBQ sauce and mixed together.

For the fries I sliced a potato on a mandolin into a bowl of water to get all the starch off.
Then dried them on a towel.
Fried at 350° till light for 4 mins then double fried at 400° for like a min till dark brown. And salted them as I put them on a paper towel to drain. 

To plate I toasted some sandwich rolls. And put on the chicken mixture.
Topped with shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese.
A slice of bacon that I cooked in the oven.
3 pickles.
Topped with the lid and put the fries on the plate. Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment