Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pretzel Smokies!

Well as you can tell I have been out of commission for a week. Having and taking care of a baby has consumed my life! But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Zara is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
I will tell my birth story another time but tonight I got the cooking itch, even though I'm supposed to be taking it easy I just needed to cook! I did over do it a little so I'll be sitting the rest of the night and probably go to bed a little earlier. It's Alabama football Saturday so we needed football snacks! I decided to make Pretzel Smokies because we had them at the mall right before I gave birth and James just absolutely loved them so I tried topping the ones we had. That's always a goal for me haha! 
These were super easy cause I had a little help from a premade flour mix called Fleichmen.
First I put the pretzel mix in a large bowl.
Then added the yeast packet.
3/4 a cup of warm tap water.
And a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Then mixed till it formed a ball.
Then covered with a towel and out on the stove for 25 mins till it rose a bit.
Then cut it in half and cut that into small pieces 
Took a piece and rolled it out
Then cut it in half
And rolled the smokies in each half till I had as many as I wanted.
Kept these covered so not to dry out. Then I took a large sauce pan and filled with 6 cups of water and added a packet of baking soda. Brought to a boil.
Then one by one I dropped a wrapped smokie into the water
Boiled for 10 seconds each
 
And placed on a sprayed baking sheet and topped with a sprinkle of pretzel salt.
Finally I baked them at 400° for 12 mins till they turned golden brown.

For the honey mustard I took a couple tbs of Dijon 
And a couple tbs of honey
Mixed until combined and then put a jar of cheese whiz dip in the microwave until warm and put that in another dish 
Served together with the dips, delicious!!!
Now that we have our snacks we will finish the game. ROLL TIDE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment