Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stuffed Chicken Thighs and Beet Salad

Today I went to my Doctor's appointment for my checkup, everything is looking good. Except that I've gained 28 pounds :( But I was told at toys r us that I definitely did not look like I had 2 months left so it would be really easy for me to lose the weight! Fingers crossed!!

Went to the grocery store wanting 6 chicken thighs but they really run a racket there, for 4 chicken thighs which feeds who? 2 people? It's around $4.00, so that would be like $8.00 to get 8, for a packet of 12 I can get it for $6.00 but then I end up having so much leftover! It's very annoying! Once again I wish we had a Whole Foods so then I could give an exact count of how many I need, it would save me a lot of leftovers! Oh well I just gave James a bunch for lunch tomorrow. 
I had to cut the bones out to get skin on thighs. I use scissors for this cause it's so much easier than cutting them with a knife. I zested 2 lemons.
Put in a bowl with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 1/2 cups of herbed bread crumbs, 1 1/2 cups of grated Parm, 1/2 cup of shredded Sharp Provolone, 1/2 cup of my home grown chopped Basil, and 1/4 cup of chopped Parsley.
I cut a bunch of bakers twine into 2 pieces per chicken thigh. Layed them down on the counter and put the chicken skin side down onto the strings, put a mound of the stuffing in the middle of the chicken thigh, brought up the sides, and tied the strings together on top and bottom of the thigh. Flipped it over onto an oiled and foiled sheet pan, skin side up. Finished all of them and heavily salt, pepper, and olive oiled the top. 
Put them in the oven at 450° for 35 mins till the skin browned up.
I roasted the beets earlier in the morning at 350° for 30 mins and peeled them, careful to keep the red beets in a different bowl. I made a vinaigrette with 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice, 2 tbls of fresh lemon juice, 3 crushed macadamien nuts, 1/4 cup of Parsley, 4 tbls of olive oil, salt and pepper. I used my mandolin to slice carrots, radishes, and both the beets into thin slices. Put half the vinaigrette over all the veggies except the red beets in one bowl and then poured the rest over the red beets in the pan they were roasted in.
To plate I put the red beets down first, then layered the other veggies on top of those, and poured some of the vinaigrette on top. Then I cut the strings off of the chicken thighs and placed them next to the veggies. 
Healthy and Beautiful! 



No comments:

Post a Comment